4/19/2008

'Natural High' by Herman Lee, Sr.

I don't need drugs, I'm on a natural high.
When you believe in God, He'll have you touching the sky.
The devil himself can't stand in your way.
Stay close to God and he'll have no room to play.
I believe that God watches over me.
A wise man knows what the blind can't see.
I read God's Word to ease my mind.
And when trouble comes my way, He's always on time.
God's Word the Bible is in plain view.
God wrote it down, and it's all coming true.

Visualize this, the countdown is here.
If your living without Jesus, it's time to show fear.
The fire that's coming is an everlasting one.
And on the same day, you'll be judged by God's Son.
Listen, don't panic, there's still hope for you.
When you repent of your sins, all things become new.
The world believes only in what they see.
I never saw Jesus, and yet He set me free.

© Poem by Herman Lee, Sr. Feb. 9, 1992

"
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
Working together with him, then, we appeal to you not to receive the grace of God in vain." (2 Corinthians 5:17-6:1 ESV).

No comments: