5/31/2008

Do you pray for the saints?

In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak. (Ephesians 6:16-20 ESV).

I was praying for my dearly beloved Singapore brother, who by the grace of God leads an evangelistic team somewhere in Singapore. And I was thinking of how I do not pray often enough for them and also for all the saints. There are believers I know personally, who I pray for. But I also sometimes pray in general for all the saints around the world who are undergoing trials, temptations, difficulties, persecutions, and the list could go on. If you have come to the end of yourself, and have cast yourself completely on the Rock of Christ Jesus, and feel the need of the hour, then would you join me in praying for all the saints, especially those who like Paul, need words and boldness to proclaim the eternal gospel of God's grace?

Grace be with you.

1 comment:

jeleasure said...

Good point, Penn.
We must remain the brethren God had intended for us to be. Pray for those who are an arm of the Christian body, even though we know nothing about them.
Jim
http://deityquest.blogspot.com/